Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, we are full steam ahead for the Christmas season. For us, that usually means getting the farm ready to sell Christmas trees and black Friday shopping. Here are Lizzie and Dan showing the new snowman cutouts at the tree stand:

After a day of tree sales and working on the windmill, we decided to cut our tree and bring it home. We usually do this on the spur of the moment and this year was no exception. Here Ryan (who is quite jolly tonight from the smell of the tree - he even yelled from the other room "Em, where is my Santa hat?") and Lizzie are bringing the tree into the house. We have it in our office (adjacent to the living room) this year as the old spot is being used for toys - it is easier to move a desk than it is to rearrange the toy room!

Lizzie was so excited to be decorating the tree this year - 2.5 is a great age for this kind of thing, apparently. Here she is squeezing the santa pillow.

I was trying to capture her excitement about being able to put on ornaments all by herself (she was so excited!), but I think I got her pleading with me to finish taking pictures so she could actually hang the ornament. Cute either way!

I think this is a new tradition - Lizzie got to put the angel on the top of the tree!

Now time to put out the presents!
No comments:
Post a Comment