Monday, February 22, 2010

22 months!

We now have a 22 month old! Lizzie is so much fun and growing and changing so quickly! But first, some more before and after shots - this is what Ryan and I have been working on these days. First is my project - our dining room floor has (had!) ugly avocado speckled vinyl tile which we decided to paint (we couldn't leave it the way it was - to ugly - and didn't want to buy new flooring at this point). I forgot to get a real before shot, so just pretend I hadn't started the base coat yet in this picture.



And above is the "after" shot. After many coats and several late nights painting (so it would be dry when we needed to walk on it in the morning). While missing some of the beauty a whole new floor might have, it definitely takes away much of the ugliness of the old floor. The next project was Ryan's - sprucing up the porch. When we bought this place it came with this porch - sort of screened in through use of several old and mis-matched sliding glass doors. Ryan replaced the roof a year or two ago, and this weekend he fixed the front. We decided a regular railing would be the easiest and the most attractive change.

Above is the after shot - I think we are going to paint it white one of these days (if we get a good stretch of warmish weather and if I have the chance to paint it during daylight hours - a lot of "ifs", so we shall see when it gets done!) Also, Ryan has celebrated a very important birthday! I didn't get many pics, though my mom has a few more on her blog (link above).


Last but very not least, here is the star of the show. Ryan and I were having a conversation and we both looked over at Lizzie at the same time and found her in this position. I know Ti-ti (Auntie Kate) has been trying to teach her how to do a back bend, so maybe she was practicing on her own? She stayed like this for at least 30 seconds - Ryan and I just looked at each other, trying not to burst out laughing. What a cutie!



No comments: