I was in the process of uploading many great photos from the weekend when my camera shut down -so while this weekend would require many blog posts to share them all, I am going to start out with the random sample that were uploaded. We left late Friday night to head south to Cambridge to stay with Uncle Dan. On Saturday, we went to Mema's 90th birthday lunch, met up with some old friends in Harvard Square and went to see cousin Ben play some music - what a busy day! We spent a second night with Dan (Lizzie slept so well - she was zonked from all of the fun!). On Sunday we walked around Boston Common, went to the Children's museum and played in Dan's apartment before heading back Sunday night (stopping in Portsmouth for a late dinner). This was our first road trip (over 2 hours) with Lizzie (not including her first trip to Maine at 10 days old). We packed a lot, traveled after her bedtime and made few plans that we had to keep - it worked out well and we were able to do everything we had hoped and more! Lizzie was a real trooper - a great traveler it seems. Here she is at the Children's museum - she loves playing in the water, so this was the perfect spot for her!

Dan and Ryan took Lizzie to this park while I did some packing and resting Sunday afternoon - Lizzie loves going down the slide - she would choose to do it over and over - I have never known her to stop sliding unless someone else tells her it is time.

Here is Mema (with Nana on the side) - we surprised her at the Cheesecake factory to celebrate her birthday (more nice photos from this party are on the camera but didn't upload - hopefully I can get them off of the camera soon).

Saturday morning Lizzie decided to acquaint herself with Uncle Dan's kitchen - she first walked on his counter and then played in the sink. She made herself right at home!

This was before we left - Lizzie and I were making cookies (provisions for our trip) - this is what most of our cooking experiences look like - she loves flour!
No comments:
Post a Comment