This winter weather has held on extra long this year. We are all ready for summer weather and are bundling up to spend time outside whenever we can. After we visited the new piglets a few days ago, we took a side trip to the barn and visited the tractors. Marty has always loved tractors and he has learned the names of the tractors at the farm (here he is on the big 3020. I have already forgotten the names and numbers for the others, so he is far ahead of me. I remember them as "the one I use when I help tedder" or "the one with the bucket on it". Good enough for me!).
He is pretty high up there!This reminds me of my dad. If he is using this tractor, it usually means he is haying, and if he is haying, that means he is turning around, looking behind the tractor to make sure the baler is working as it should. When I think of this tractor, I think of dad with one eye in front and one eye behind. Marty seems to have figured it out pretty quickly!
Lizzie also loves a good tractor. I heard her race up the stairs yesterday with her brother yelling "let's use our John Deere speed!". Are John Deere tractors known for speed? I have no idea, but clearly kids learn tractor loyalties early.






No comments:
Post a Comment