Sunday, April 7, 2013

Marty's Birthday!

We celebrated young Marty's birthday today!  Here Lizzie and Ryan are setting up for the party.
 Here is his fancy cake.

The birthday boy, party hat on, fresh from his nap.
 Sitting with Grampy.
 Blowing out the candles!
 Mimi helps with the presents.
 Daddy puts together the new tent!  Quite a process, but instant fun for all of the kids.
 Lizzie loves it!
 When the party started, there was little to no open water on the lake.  Before the party was over, this large space had opened up!  Spring is in the air!  I have it on good authority that we were swimming on April 17 last year and the dock in by the end of April.  That means the lake has 10 days to fully thaw and warm up considerably.  Or, more likely, this could be a May swimming start year instead.
 Headed down to take a look at the ice.  We are pretty strict about the water and ice with the kids, so it is always nice when we are both home to walk the kids to the water together.

 Birthday boy!
 Big sister, she did such a great job today, she is so desperate for her birthday to arrive, only a short wait now!
 The face she gave me when I asked for a silly face (this is one of my favorites and so in keeping with her character!)
 I asked Ryan to also make a silly face, I can't make myself post that one!

Here's to another great year!

No comments: