Sunday, October 11, 2009

Jammin'

Lizzie and I joined Kate today for a big jam making session. We made 3 batches of raspberry (picked at the farm this summer and then frozen until now - when we could make the jam) and 4 batches of cider jelly (from Maine-ly Apples cider). Lizzie was a big helper - sleepy as she was. She got to wear an apron and helped to pour the sugar. She moved the jar lids from here to there and did her best to stay out of the way of all the hot jars and jams. We had a great time and will have fun putting the jars on the shelf with the others - tucking them away for winter. Here is Lizzie helping ti-ti measure sugar:

I don't think you can see it in the picture, but Lizzie has been moving sugar around on the counter with her hands and has sugar all over her nose and mouth - yummy!Here is Lizzie helping to clean out some bottles - I think you can see the concentration in the way she is holding her head and shoulders.Unrelated to jam, but I wanted to post the only picture I took at a baby shower yesterday - of the beautiful cake! Nice job Jenn! Joanne was properly surprised and received many lovely things to help her get ready for the new addition.

No comments: