Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9

We have had a busy and fun-filled weekend. Kate and John had a delayed wedding reception at the farm on Saturday, complete with a live-band, bonfire and campers and tenters. We had a wonderful time! Here she is today enjoying a slice of peach - this is the first time that she has shown any interest in a peach, we will definitely be giving them to her often! She also ate her first corn on the cob tonight - she did a great job and really loved it! More of that to follow this summer, I think.
I didn't mean to upload this picture - I must have grabbed the wrong one - this is from weeks ago, but it is a nice picture so I will leave it here.
Here is some tent setup at the farm - we were able to clean out the back barn for a dance floor, etc and had two smaller tents for food/beer/wine.

Here are Ryan and Lizzie right before the party - Grammie Susie goes tulle happy at these parties and has therefore tied a tulle bow around Lizzie like a belt (with a bow in back of course - she won't always be okay with a butt bow, I think). Both dogs sported tulle bows around their collars as well. Very festive!

Lizzie was a great sport and fell soundly asleep at her regular bedtime. If only the rest of us could say the same!

No comments: