Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sunny Day

We finally had a hot and sunny day today - I personally like it about 15 degrees cooler than the 90 degrees it was today, but after all the rain, I have decided to be satisfied. This first picture is a small corner of Ryan's garden. The garden is doing well again this year (though the rain hasn't helped some of the crops). As a gardener by trade, the garden is where he spends a lot of his time. I know he loves it, and I like this particular shot because it reminds me of a jungle gym. The garden is a serious job for Ryan, but I also think it is a kind of playground to him too (lucky him!).
During dinner tonight, Lizzie decided to drink her yogurt - no more spoon, it wastes too much time. The yogurt mustache was too cute to miss.
Lizzie knows how to appreciate a sunny day (and she knows she looks good in sunglasses - she has the same satisfied smile every time she has them on).

We have all been excited about the stellar raspberry crop this year - we are a family of many jam makers (well at least two or three of us, but many others participate by picking and eating). I think the raspberry jam count will be low this year as Lizzie consumes most of the ready berries when we do the picking. She loves to pick berries with Grampy John!



This is how the raspberry picking episode usually starts - just another ride to feed the pigs, somehow this turns into eating berries by the fistfull.



Lizzie continues to be very assertive and self-assured these days. She fully understands the word "no" (at least when she uses it) and is very quick to help you figure out what she needs and wants.

No comments: