In honor of Lizzie's first birthday, I made cupcakes - Lizzie's first sweet! Here is the "before" shot. Thanks to Trudy and Royce for the beautiful cake plate (a wedding present almost 5 years ago).

This picture doesn't quite capture it, but after we lit the cupcake and started signing happy birthday, she got soooo excited! All smiles and giggles! Even though she had no idea what was happening, she seemed to sense that a family sing-along could only mean good things!

Here she is "eating" her cupcake - she is used to getting bite sized pieces of food - she eventually found and ate some frosting and we broke apart the cupcake for her to eat - though she really loved waving the whole thing around.

We are giving her another cupcake this Sunday when we celebrate with more family - I am sure that will be another, messier post (I have already decided to add more frosting to her next cupcake).
1 comment:
I request chocolate frosting next time - make it really messy :)
Kristy
Post a Comment